Quick Blender Soups
1 medium onion, chopped
2 bunches fresh broccoli* (may use a bag of frozen)
1-2 cups broth, chicken or vegetable
1-2 cans evaporated skim milk
½ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
Salt and pepper to taste
*you can substitute cauliflower, asparagus, spinach or cooked butternut squash or carrots for the broccoli
- In a medium stockpot or large pot place the onion, broccoli and broth.
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until the broccoli is tender about 10 minutes.
- Cool slightly and puree the ingredients in a blender, in batches or use an immersion blender (my favorite). If using a blender return soup to pot.
- Add the evaporated milk slowly to desired thickness and creaminess.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and nutmeg.
Cheddar cheese, grated
Freshly grated ginger
Enjoy with any Castleton Cracker!