Roasted Onion & Dried Cranberry Dip
1 large Spanish onion or 1 large yellow onion and 1 large red onion
2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup dried cranberries
4oz. cream cheese or goat cheese, softened
1 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
Preheat oven to 400ºF
- Roughly chop the onions and place on a cookie sheet.
- Toss onions with the 2tbls of olive oil and season with 1/2 tsp. salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for approximately 12 minutes. Cool.
- Meanwhile, place the dried cranberries in a small bowl and plump by pouring boiling water over them. Steep for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the roasted onions to a food processor and puree until fairly smooth.
- Add the cream cheese/goat cheese, sour cream, cranberries and thyme. Pulse until the mixture is well combined. Season with more salt and pepper if needed. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with Castleton Crackers.